Hump day! It means its time for the next installment of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Where is this week going? So, check out my responses, and then click over to From This Side of the Pond and read some more.
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49′s in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
It would definitely have to be when the Hubs and I went to Heinz Field a few years ago to see the Steelers annihilate the Seahawks. We were just a few rows up from the field. It was the most amazing trip!
2. Share something you’re a fan of these days?
Blogging. I have had more fun “meeting” people blogging and going to blogging conferences than I have had doing most anything else. I love having people tell me they read my blog– especially when it is people I least expect it from (shout out to my branch managers and admins!) I’ve made some great friends and have read some great blogs. (Shameless plug… make sure you check out my favorite blogs in the footer of this page!)
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I’m talking the edible appetizer kind. What’s your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
Chicken wings should be their own food group. The hotter the better. I always say, if I’m not crying they aren’t hot enough. We have this local pizza place that has THE. BEST. WINGS. EVER. So, that’s my fix. I have made my own wings in the past, as well as a Buffalo Wing Pizza.
4. As long as we’re talking sports today…have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I haven’t followed it and I didn’t watch the interview. But, seriously… like we didn’t know? And, it really doesn’t negate anything he has done for cancer research.
5. What’s a question you hate to be asked?
LOL! I HATE to be asked “are they twins?” Followed, closely by “Did you have them natural?” I have yet to figure out the point of either of these questions. I have had people get up and walk across the room at a restaurant with the sole purpose of asking me this. And, the natural thing kills me… is it like natural peanut butter? Natural? Hmmmm. Did I have drugs when I delivered? Are you f-ing crazy? They were cutting me open from hip to hip. Did I conceive them naturally? Is it really any of their business? I have gotten very flippant when people ask these questions… I sometimes respond along the lines of “Yes, I had them naturally, they didn’t arrive with the stork.” The gall of some people.
I have told this story a thousand times, but we were at a restaurant eating with the kids. They were asleep and it was like our first hot meal in weeks… this lady gets up from across the restaurant… she comes up to us and asks if they are twins. I responded yes. She then asked if the Hubs was the father. (I’m sure the look on my face was priceless.) I responded… “This one right here is his, the other one’s my boyfriend’s.” She walked away.
Sorry… tangent… I hate to be asked! LOL
6. The coaches in this Sunday’s big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er’s and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you’re an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
My brother and I were five years apart. So, we didn’t compete for much of anything. I know we used to count our Christmas gifts to make sure one didn’t have more or less than the other, so I guess that is competition. And, I am sure we competed for attention. Unfortunately, my brother died in a car accident at 17. So, I don’t get to compete with him anymore. I would love to though. :-)
7. What’s your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
Catch with my kids. Last night.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, I guess we are in store for some crazy weather this week. My head is already pounding from sinus pressure. It is supposed to be 60 today (Tuesday) and then 20 tomorrow. The gamut is running from rain, thunderstorms to snow. Of course, around here, you better throw in some tornadoes and ice… it’s Ohio. I want this crappy headache to go away– it feels like someone is poking me with a knife in the head. I also want spring to come. Soon.