It’s Wednesday. Time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge, volume 110. So, pull up a chair, learn a little more about me and then follow the link below to read some more!
1. The popular saying, ‘All is fair in love and war’ is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
Absolutely. Anything is fair in love and war.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What’s your favorite kind?
I eat cereal sometimes. My favorite is Lucky Charms. I also like Fruity Pebbles. See why I only eat it every once in awhile?
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).
You have got to be kidding me. I missed this story. There are rapists and child molesters walking free on the streets and this little girl is being branded for life because she was discussing a BUBBLE gun.
4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?
My dreams of being a race car driver. Instead, I became a boring accountant.
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What’s the last thing you signed your name to?
I do like my handwriting. I write in a hybrid of cursive and print. I don’t know why. LOL. I wrote a check to my friend for some books I ordered from her son and some Girl Scout cookies I ordered from her daughter.
6. Speaking of John Hancock…ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Never been and I have no desire to go. Now, if you want to talk about Pittsburgh? I’m there.
7. Share something funny you’ve heard a child say.
We all know my son is notorious for saying cuss words when rooms are dead silent. If you missed that story, click here. The other day, Bo was sitting next to Nana and the controller for the TV wasn’t working. Nana was trying to get it to work and Bo says, “Just say damnit Nana, you know you want to.”
8. Insert your own random thought here.
For the last three Hodgepodges, I have been complaining about being sick. Well, I am on the upward climb! I can actually taste my food again and the cough and stuffiness is almost gone. The only weird, lingering problem I have is this odd-ball sore throat. It only hurts on one side of my throat and it changes depending on which side I sleep on at night. So, I am guessing its drainage-related. I just want to get better and be back to 100%!