My sausage pasta toss is another recipe I just threw together one evening for dinner. Very yummy and perfect for using up extra veggies from your garden! This would be delicious with squash or zucchini also… of course, I didn’t have any luck with my zucchini this year, but that’s another story! Hope you enjoy this one!
- 1 pound kielbasa or polish sausage
- 1 box pasta of choice
- 2 green peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place chopped onions and green peppers on a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray. Broil for 5-10 minutes until veggies begin to brown.
- Drain pasta. In pasta pot, add sliced sausage and cook on medium-low heat until heated through.
- Add pasta, vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes to pot. Stir to incorporate.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and the Italian seasoning.
- Toss to coat pasta lightly with oil.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese before serving.
Where I might be partying today: The PINcentive Blog Hop, Anyonita Nibbles' Tasty Tuesday, All My Bloggy Friends, Pin It Tuesday, Facebook Frenzy, Time to Sparkle Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Two Cup Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays and A to Zebra Celebrations.
Have you signed up for my weekly recipe newsletter to be delivered to your inbox? CLICK HERE